As a patent attorneys’ office, we offer to take responsibility for/perform the following work and services:
- Research into property rights
- Advice on property right options and strategies
- Representation in granting and/or registration procedures for patents, utility models, trademarks and design patents
- Representation in opposition, cancellation or nullity proceedings for patents, utility models, trademarks and design patents
- Support in infringement proceedings for patents, utility models, trademarks and design patents
- Examination of the relevance of existing property rights with respect to products (‘freedom to operate’ analysis or ‘right to use’ analysis)
- Advice in the area of employee invention law
This work is performed by assuming the role of representative before:
- The German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA – Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt),
- The Federal Patent Court (of Germany) (BPatG – Bundespatentgericht),
- The European Patent Office (EPO) and
- The Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM).
Enforcement of property rights (infringement proceedings) takes place before courts of law through representation by lawyers. Patent attorneys may be consulted in these proceedings.